View Single Post
Old August 9, 2011, 03:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Let's be fair to the BCB here. They did offer me a new contract but I was unable to stay as I had commitments here in the UK. I made those commitments because I hadn't heard anything about new contracts because everyone was waiting until after the WC. Trouble was, my contract expired DURING the WC (March 31st) so I made the decision to leave two months before that and build up my business back here. You cannot be penniless as a coach and have to make arrangements ahead of time.
No, then we can not be fair in this case. No way a professional cricket board should handle a professional coach this way. There was ongoing discussion on this issue before the world cup. we were concerned about renewing your contract experiencing your fruitful impact on our bowlers. BCB should have had the knowledge of whose contract should be extended long before getting expired. But they did not show any responsibly and professional mentality in making contract with the coaches. Look what they did with Julien Fountain. And see we are currently having a major tour to Zimbabwe after two months gap without any bowling coach! In result our bowlers failed to contribute. who are to take this responsibility?

hello BCB, is there any bowling coach to answer?