View Single Post
Old May 25, 2015, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
I know this topic is out of context. But I just want to share my feeling.

In ICF or PakPassion sometimes people discuss about emerging young Test Batsmen of today.
Most of the posters(90%) rates Root, Kane Williamson or maybe Rahane as most talented ones.
May be Pujara too bcos for his good avarage.
I know some BC members might say no need to see what others think.
But we are Bangladeshi..obviously we will support our Batsmans. And there is nationalism feelings that provoke us to over rate our players. You see for IND Sachin is the Best of the World, For PAK it is Imran or Wasim Akram. For SRI it is who Sangakara is better than Sachin.
So sometimes only other countrymen's comments are proven neutral.
In that regard why others don't rate Mominul Hauqe much that his statistics say so. I mean they say Mominul is good but not that great enough to be even 'The Emerging Talents'.
I have seen many Pakistanis or Indians or SriLankans even appreciating Soumya many times in shorter formats. But i havent seen they appreciating Mominul that much in tests.
Not just that just look at ENG team. Joe Roots avarage is very low compare to Gary Balance.
But all loves to rate Root higher than him. Same with when they rates Rahane > Pujara.

I don't know although Mominul looks great by the statistics his batting lacks something to be
attractive**.

**= SUPER ATTRACTIVE THAT AT A GLANCE CAN CATCH YOUR EYES.
Also has to do with the factor of visibility. Mominul mostly performed in home condition against oppositions outside of India and Pak. Moreover his performances are wxclusively in test matches which many fans from subcontinent donn't follow in depth.Whereas Soumya performed in world cup infront of world audience.

But if Momimul can score a double century against India, he will become an overnight star and one of the most talented emerging star. .just because of the exposure in their media