View Single Post
Old April 4, 2013, 12:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Prior to visiting Dhaka I had no idea about what Shahbag really was. Not that I know any better now, but now I can at least attest that not all Shahbaggers are atheists. Many of my relatives, all of them Muslims, some of them devout, none of them atheists were there and were proud.

That being said, almost all atheists are Shahbaggers. Not all, but most. And by most I mean significantly more than a mere 51% bare majority.

I have no issues with atheists. I do have issues with atheists who exploit the right to free speech in order to offend others, however. I may not like your mother's cooking, but is it necessary to call her names? Lets assume, for argument's sake, that Muhammad is indeed a pedophile or an epileptic marauder with schizophrenic hallucinations. That is relevant in the case about the verdict for a 1971 war crime because???
bro, with all due respect, there is no evidence to what you are saying:
Quote:
almost all atheists are Shahbaggers. Not all, but most. And by most I mean significantly more than a mere 51% bare majority.
in fact your anecdote suggests, shahbag was mostly composed of regular bangladeshi Muslims.

As the for second issue about offending others, every human should respect the freedom and liberty of every other human. I am sure some atheist are guilty of being offensive, many religious people are guilty of the same crime. Let's not associate bad behavior with any other religion or lack of religion. Bad behavior is bad behavior. Don't we hate it when western people pin the bad behavior of a few muslims on us? You see, fundamentally these westerners are no different that you and I.

PS: I hope you realized that you just stereotyped and accused atheist people without any evidence. All I am asking is that you have to make evidence based argument.