View Single Post
Old April 16, 2007, 10:19 AM
Test Cricketer

BD is a minnow team...no matter what we say, think or expect...we are second tier team...yesterday if you see how they dropped the catches, will make you agree with me. No teams in WC super 8 performed so horrible and inconsistent. Our batting was horrible and our openners depend on luck. Tamim's swinging his bat without using his feet was so horrible, we can clearly find huge difference how other left handers from top teams play. They have to realize hitting two to three fours in 2 overs and hitting a big six, won't help them score good and overall help build team's innings. Not sure if a batting coach will solve this problem.

Our bowling was so ordinary as SLA attack becomes good some time but if the pitch is not spin friendly we are bound to be in trouble with this bowling attack, and on top of it we are playing our last match same pitch, I bet we will lose this match too. If we bat first we will collapse, if we bowl first our spinners will be less effective.
Do you still want to have a dream with this type of team..you tell me. I think ICC will take an action for our loss against IRE, and if we do the same with IND and SL in series, don't be surprised to see the same result.

I think Sakib and Ashraful's out were the turning point of the game...and other batsmen played to their 'calibre'...none of them can stay in the crease for more than 35+ runs. If you blame youth for this, I will say 'grow up' to these youthful "cricketers" and work hard to be a "man".