View Single Post
Old September 1, 2022, 08:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Why do these guys keep talking about power hitting? Does Najibullah, SKY, Babar, Kohli, look like power hitters?
Powerhitter doesn't mean you have to be musculuar like Zia. Who won the game for India? Pandya. I think many use powerhitter interchangably with slogging. But I'd still say we need a lower order pinch-hitting mavericks (7 and 8) to get over the ropes - literally. I mean had we been in India's position and needed 3, we'd sh)) our pants, let alone when the demand is 50 off 20.

T20 is ALL about powerhitting for the most part even though there is a mini template of ODI in microcosm where you have to build up instead of hitting straight go with middlegame in play. But such is the tricky nature that even if one scores 8 runs in 15th over, the runrate drastically shoots up and hence the need for brute slogging.

Culturally we have always struggled with slogging as it has been heavily criticized instead of giving the players greenlight to go and play as they please (which perhaps had more leeway in the past).

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles