View Single Post
Old January 18, 2018, 08:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Mortaza plays down importance of Hathurusingha's presence in SL camp
Quote:
"At the back of the mind, winning is all that remains. There is nothing else to think apart from winning the match. Ultimately if you think too much, pressure is bound to creep in. Everyone is thinking of playing against a team rather than thinking about an individual."

Thilan Samaraweera, Sri Lanka's batting coach, too felt Hathurusingha's presence in their camp doesn't give his side any advantage. "I don't think there is any advantage because in world cricket I do not think there are any secrets now," he said.

"Players are playing franchise cricket and share dressing room. I do not think Bangladesh is playing against Hathurusingha, they are playing against Sri Lanka team. I do not think those things will really matter."

Mortaza also reckoned his side will have to take a leaf out of Zimbabwe's book while facing Sri Lanka, as they chased their second win of the tournament. He also called for retention of focus in a tournament where outcomes in just four fixtures will decide their fate.

"We have to play the Zimbabwean brand of cricket that they displayed yesterday. It is not like Zimbabwe won without playing good cricket. Sri Lanka can come up with similar brand of cricket so we must be ready to tackle that situation," he said.

"In a tri-nation series, keeping the tempo in four matches is difficult because you can go wayward in one or two matches and so we must remain focused," Mortaza said.