View Single Post
Old May 4, 2010, 07:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist
I’m really shocked to see the amount of people who are showing their support for JS in this thread.

Like CricFanBD, I’m following Bangladesh cricket team since early 90’s (1994 ICC trophy, to be precise) and definitely can see the progress Bangladesh is making now. However, I don’t have much faith on JS’s intellectual ability a coach.

JS may’ve been a good batting coach for BD, however, to my understanding, he’s got a very negative attitude towards certain things. He simply speaks from his mind (many people think that it’s the Australian ‘Bogan’ way of speaking, I’ve different opinion though) and a lot of people are thinking here that he’s being realistic and it’s a good thing!

Let me ask you one question guys: do you have/had a favourite teacher or a person who’s changed your lives, believed in your unique abilities and motivated you to pursue your dreams? Just compare that person with JS who’s making an statement in the Australian newspaper ''If Australia score near 200 again then forget it,'' source: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spor...0503-u3tk.html

Dav Whatmore motivated the Sri Lankan team in such a way, that they became World Champions (from a minnow team in 1996). Compare that with Siddon’s cowardly attitude (sorry to say but I hate surrendering before the battle) when Zimbabwe has just shown us what can be done.

In terms of motivating the team positively or selecting the right batting order (according to the match situation), I’d give JS 2 out of 10.

From mystical Alchemy related scriptures I should quote “When you believe in Allah, believe in yourself and pursue your dream, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it in a mystical way.”
Me too .........

Like a poor homeless man, marries & leaves his children on the streets/dirts of the slums and they grow naturaly; later, the father will then claim he raised & a return in older age. if you look deep, he actualy have only taken the pleasure on that noght & later on his earning, the child alone had to bear the pain of growing. Responsible or not, he is the legal fathar

JS is doing the same. Extracting pleasure only. Responsible or not, he is the legal Coach.

Anyway, his statements never carried any weight ever, he had to take opposite positions on many of his own statements during his career, like the most celebration thread openers, after the matches are lost. Don't we know him by now. Allah has kept his Rizik with BD team, what can u do.