View Single Post
Old March 12, 2011, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Seeing the match is one thing.. understanding what you are seeing is something else.

....That's what I saw... not sure what you were looking at.
I hope I saw the match you saw, Ian.

Honestly speaking, us fans might not have the perfect understanding of the game as any professionals but a great many of us are not complete novices, either. We exist, therefore, you (from a-completely-self-important-obssessed-fans perspective, of course).

Otherwise, I, for one, wouldn't have spent best part of 30 years playing, closely following, studying and appreciating the many beautiful and striking nuances of this wonderful game we call Cricket. Yes, us Fans even deserves a benefit of doubt, sometimes. Many of us, through thick and thin, are seeing the 'coming of age' of Bangladesh Cricket. And, we want to see this team become one of the very best out there in time, Insha Allah. And, to be amongst the finests we always have to improve. Mediocracy cannot be an option for our longterm goal. Hence, the need for self-criticism/evaluation as we go along --which is, of course, not just limited to Cricket.

An adventurous outlook and pragmatism are not always at the opposite spectrum. Otherwise, there would be no win for Ireland against England and Canada against Bangladesh. Should we not play the opposition on the day rather than what rank they have in the table? Similar to a batsman playing the ball not the bowler.

Thanks...and congrats for the incredible win, last night. Although, we always appreciate a good effort regardless of the final outcome.

Last edited by BanCricFan; March 12, 2011 at 02:55 PM..