View Single Post
Old June 6, 2007, 08:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan
What pisses me sometime is when I tell people about my background and the Dhakaiya Urdu and they label me or us as Pakistani without knowing the history of Dhaka. I am as much Bangladeshi as any of you are and thats what I tend to force into their thick head.
Ehsan mone hoy amar upor khepsila that day when I introduced you to my friend as half-Pakistani? I said sorry right away once you told me if I remember correctly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Another part of camp that has not mentioned here are, many of the them came from bihar (hense bihari) during the 47 partition. One should look up the global map and see where bihar is located at. It no way near Pakistan. They are not pakistanis for crying out loud. They are bangladeshis, they are muslims.
A very important thing that I, until recently, wasn't aware of. Also, not only are they not Pakistani, their Urdu is actually quite different from Pakistani Urdu. Different grammar sometimes.

I know of a book that was written by one of those 3 survivors that I was talking about earlier. There he explained who killed his family. I'll try to find it out. But I don't know whether to post here without asking his permission. And I don't know whether I should ask him about it either. Anyway, in the book he mentions how his father, a prominant bihari in their region in Thakurgaon, was actually a pro-Bangladesh person, and was involved with politics there. During the war, he even organized events with other Bangladeshis to help the mukti bahini. But little did it do to convince some locals about his intentions. And since they spoke in Urdu, they suffered the blow that the Pakistani army should've suffered. I guess in easy Bangla it's called বাটে পরে মাইর খাওয়া!