View Single Post
Old April 9, 2007, 11:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
Proud to be a BANGLADESHI .... being from Nawab Bari in Islampur (Old Dhaka) I can tell you the term BANGLADESHI is the one which every single person of our country is able to use without any hesitation....I have cousins living in Old Dhaka who are crazy and passionate about our cricket and country in general.....The old ones cant even speak Bangla...Doesnt necessarily mean they love our country or our cricket team any less......I remember I was at my Grandma's place when we won our 1st ever test against Zimbabwe....We paraded the whole 'pukur par' in Nawab Bari with our National flag.....Just to clarify here....Just because they speak urdu doesnt mean they support Pakistan when we are playing against them....Do u think the ppl from Calcutta support Bangladesh when we are playing against India?....Thats were the term BANGLADESHI comes into play....My father's mother tongue is Urdu because they hail from the Nawab family of Ahsan Manzil....however my mother tongue is Bangla.....I have nothing against the word Bengali but it does not represent a lot of us who do not love Bangladesh any less.....So for someone like me its always a case of proud to be a BANGLADESHI.....We have people living in Hiltracts who speak different languages....doesnt make them any less BANGLADESHI...does it?

PS: Btw...Im a Bengali and my mother tongue is Bangla.
I agree with you 100%. I never thought if it in this way. but now i got more points of saying we r Bangladeshi then Bengali or Bangali. I lived 4/5 years in Rangamati and i saw how people r there passionate about anything about Bangladesh as it should be. but there r many people who only speaks their native toung chakma or murong so what about them? They r also represented by the word Bangladeshi not by bangali.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled