View Single Post
Old August 20, 2013, 02:09 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
He is a very good bowler but I don't think good enough to make it to the England national team. Bowlers like Finn, Onions, Tremlett even struggle now to make it to playing XI.

Best chance for him is to come to BD. We can give him citizenship in 6 months and he can be our opening bowler. BCB pay scale isn't bad either. Idea ta ekebare mondo nah.
jarvis has talent but he does need to get more consistent, he can bowl very well but the consistency is certainly missing and aside form the guys you mentioned there are others like rankin and sidebottom who contend for pacer spots in the english team. will be very tough for jarvis to make it into the english team but from what i read he's not looking for that atm, he's happy with his county deal and going around the world making money playing t20 cricket.

just wondering, if pay is such an issue with zim players, if they really still wanted to play for their country (zimbabwe), couldn't they just play t20 leagues and try and get a county contract? jarvis has done it so why can't others? yeah there might not be that many spaces but some could do it. get a contract as an overseas player in county cricket or somewhere else and play some t20 cricket, make sure you're available for the zim domestic comps (so you're still eligible to play for zimbabwe) and that way you can make money and play for zim, it also gives you more leverage and more time to help your fellow zim cricketers get better play as you're still around the zim system to help out but you also don't have to worry about money from your other contracts and you can even use those other contracts to say hey buddy look what i can get over here, if you don't start helping us out more we can go over there more long term.

not as simple as that but if players keep walking away from zim cricket then it's going to die at the international level.