View Single Post
Old January 27, 2005, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

AGC, I think you are making a gross mistake. I think the fallacy in your thought process will be corrected soon enough by others, but let me take a stab at it if I may.

As someone living in Luxembourg, you just won't understand how the people living in Bangladesh are attached to their jet fighters. Not only are they a source of national pride to the masses, but the people of Bangladesh actually are fond of these planes and get to take them out on spins on the weekends.

Just the other day our darwan Rahim Bhai was chuckling about how he did a tight 8-loop on a recent weekend run on one of those Thundercats, and how he wished my uncle the fighter pilot hero of the Srinagar and Pathankot raids could have been around to see that!

But these aren't opportunities you will understand, AGC, because sadly you have been brainwashed by the Luxembourg media. All that neither-Austrian nor-German complex only incites hate, and I am afraid makes even Bangladeshis living there worry a bit too much about whether these warplanes are an issue. The people in Bangladesh are really more ashamed of their floods and their politicians than they are of their warplanes. I just don't get it why the Luxembourg press doesn't report this in a fair way.

But if I were to go ahead and try to pseudo-intellectualize it then I should add that I think Indians living in Luxembourg suffer from the same complex as well. I have seen many, many Indians in Luxembourg (in fact, all 3,457 of them) have this same kind of negative attitude towards the Indian Air Force warplanes. Maybe it's that high altitude air that makes them so shameful of the thing that makes their countrymen at home so proud?