View Single Post
Old August 27, 2012, 03:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Except Shamsur Rahman[who was part of the squad for 2-3 series], everyone at least played one game. But the thing is, I have seen too many promising players getting lost in the transition. And seeing Anamul in Zimbabwe made me fear he might get lost as well. I want to see him play at least 2-3 more years of A team and FC before playing for the national team[which probably wont happen].

You can see the difference between an experienced guy in the national team[ Elias sunny] and a player fast tracked from U19 level[S. Shuvo]. Both of them are/were of quite similar quality, but as Sunny has a lot more experience, he has a greater chance of survival and Bangladesh can expect at least 6-7 years of service from him.
i don't think nabil has played for the national team...as far as shuvo being fast tracked well he was pretty much the top performing spinner domestically for the last 4 seasons at the time he was selected and if you look at how many matches shuvo and elias have played they've played a very similar amount of list A games, sunny has played quite a few more FC matches but if a player is a top performer for 4 seasons in a row i don't think that's really fast tracking, yes he was young but he was still quite experienced at least for a BD player.

the problem with A team cricket is it isn't organised very often and the problem with domestic cricket is it isn't challenging enough. to develop a good player you need to keep challenging them, keep raising the bar higher, BD domestic cricket isn't at a high enough standard yet to do that unfortunately. so to get that players either have to go abroad (which they rarely do) or they have to be put into the national team.

no one wants to lose a talented player.