View Single Post
Old May 30, 2010, 06:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
How come Shakib is suppose to improve his captaincy? By himself?
What's the role of a head coach may I ask?
"Coaching refers to the activity of a coach in developing the abilities of coachees or clients."

Every batsman has improved their game under Siddons. Except Ashraful who has remained the same, I think statistically even he has improved a tiny bit under Siddons. Shakib is supposed to learn from his mistakes but he isn't. Siddons can't be in the field and make the decisions for him. You can't teach innovative captaincy. You have to rise to the occasion. A captain must know his team inside out. Now I am not anti-Shakib, he is at times brilliant but sometimes he makes such amateurish decisions that I can't help but question whether he is taking anything on board. But all these days he had an unbearable amount of pressure on his shoulder as the team's best batsman and bowler but now with the emergence of Tamim and the others he will have a massive burden off his shoulder. And it should be easier for him to captain so let's just be patient. I personally feel we are very very close to crossing the final hurdle.