View Single Post
Old August 23, 2017, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Having a favourite doesn't mean to say we think one is better than the other.
I do. The seniors are not all equal and shouldn't be treated as such. It's not fair to Shakib, who is a class apart. I will say it again because it deserves repeating: Shakib is our only world class player.

Mash has pretty much universal respect both from BD and foreign fans. These two are our top tier.

Then you have Tamim who wasted his talent. He should be our 2nd world class player, but he's not and it's his own fault. For someone with all the advantages that he's had (talent, nepotism, family wealth), he's done jack s*it. Yea he's had a good CT so maybe it's not too late. I will happily eat my words if he continues like this, but knowing him, I very much doubt it. At the end of the day, I will root for Tamim but I don't respect him.

For all his batting powess, Mushy is very immature and a terrible captain. Celebrating before the win against India in T20 WC, crying after being criticized, constantly putting his foot in his mouth numerous times. He does have heart and always gives his best, which no one can deny.

Behind all of them is Riyad. Yea he had a memorable game against NZ and the two 100s. And that's pretty much yet. He's been playing for over a decade, yet only has 3 innings to show for it. He seems humble and is a respectable guy, but he has no business being grouped with the other 4. It's not fair to them.

Before all of you jump at me defending your favorite player, just know I've heard it all. No need to talk about Shakib's shortcomings and over compensate Tamim/Riyad's heroics. Cheers.