View Single Post
Old February 29, 2012, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Well, if we are going to have so much problem with pakistanis shining bright and running the show, may be we should have had raised our voice before the auction.

May be some rule like No Pakistanis or no more than 2 players from x country.

The fact is that they are the only "big" team players who were available to be here and they came in numbers, big numbers just like the Caribbeans did.

Im not getting too excited about Afridi calling the shots but it is not him to blame.

For all i can see, somebody with the tag of highest paid player and the biggest name in the tournament coming off the plane right after playing a match in a different country and getting right in the middle of the business, wasting no time.

Anybody else could have been just happy to let it go, do his bits, bowl a few over, hit a few sixes and thats it. But No, not Afridi !!

For all I see, he is really taking charge to justify his big price, big star name.
He is doing everything he can to make sure his presence is not just a mere fill in the gaps.

And for the record, I'd rather have bunch of world class players and be the champions of CLT20. Cuz at the end of the, it will be MY CITY that will be the champions, not some players.

Totally Agree Rabz bhai . Afridi is trying hard for our team . I think cameramen also highlighting him too much. If DG qualifies for CLT 20 DG will be one of the favorites as DG have the best local players after KRB .