View Single Post
Old June 10, 2008, 10:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Asad

Ash has to do a better job than what he offered last game. Playing sensibly doesn't mean shelving your attacking instincts. What it means that he must do away ( aftab as well ) with those foolish aerial low percentage shots less and less. If its there, he however should take it, but not manufacture it. He is coming at no.3 now, with the possibility of a bulk of PP overs in front of him. If he is patient enough, bowlers will give away boundary balls, and he should take those even if that means lofting over the in field, unless a midwkt is posted deep for his pulls, and in that case, decline the offer. The sooner we ditch the Napoleonic hero syndrome, the better we will in the long run. This approach should help us in test arena. Ash is the central focus of our batting however unfortunate it may seem. Longer he stays at the pitch, the better the outlook of the overall team score.

I think the SN saga is coming to an end. He is what he is. A big time minnow basher. I will invest in Zunaid for the future and give him an extended run. He is too good a player to misfire. SN has to score runs, specially in ODI's to remain in the team. He is a bad fielder and doesn't bowl. Too one dimensional. If the second opener is not found in time ( Zunaid is there for tests and should also play in ODI's ), I would promote Mushfiq to partner with Tamim. He won't score less than SN and has the added bonus of being a multi skilled player. We can take an extra batsman or a bowler in that case. SN should play in tests though until he takes himself out of that equation. Rokibul should only play tests for now.