View Single Post
Old March 21, 2014, 05:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

One must expect the unexpected when it comes to our National Team. Not only do they have issues, but their issues have issues. Makes me think of a particularly watered down version of the Calypso Cricketers before the Australians and later Kerry Packer turned them into arguably the most dominant side in the history of the game. I wonder how far we are from a similarly cathartic moment. Maybe after we get bullied, battered, stripped naked and then emasculated during our first Indian tour would do the trick. Then again, you need basic self-esteem to say "never again" and work hard to make sure it doesn't. I'm not to optimistic at this point. Simply too much celebration of underachievement, mediocrity and false bravado in a generally ignorant cricket culture where pretty much clueless experts make all the decisions. Sure we're passionate, partially because we *REALLY* suck at every other sport, but the parallel ignorance makes that apparent virtue questionable.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)