View Single Post
Old June 24, 2009, 12:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Fazal mamu

I almost agreed with all of your thread starter post except the MOM part.

To be honest, we do not have one single match winner. There has been some match winning performances by individuals( ODI's specially ), and some that has match winning potentials. Some just stick out more because of the way he played a particular innings. Everybody remembers Tamim vs India in WC, but Sakib and Mushy went noticed, even though they finished the deal. In the end, it is a team effort, and no one can claim to be a match winner, unless he has consistently contributed in games that we have won. We have a few MOM's after losing a game and as such, that category is null and void, since he was not a part of the match winning team.
Beamer

ThanKs for your feedback. Its not that I disagree what you said,. I kind of agree what you said. When you said i.e. "Match winner is a reputation tag". I agree with that as long as its fan's way to appreciate their stars.....but when peoples start using this "Match winner" tag and try to make a case why some players should get some more chance in the team despite recent failures, I have a problem with that... as the fans version of "Match winner" is driven by emmotioon and not necessarily by facts. And if you start giving free ride in the name of he/she is the "Match winner" we only have, we loose all kind of credibility issue with respect to accountability that we all think is a BIG problem in the whole system.

So what you do? I was trying to come up with a more measurable criteria how to measure a potential match Winner, if we want to reward a match winner. Its noit perfect, it better than nothing.

The other part I am kind of disagree with you and some others that we shouldn't discount a MOM for a losing game. If some one gets a MOM even his team lose, he must have done something spectacular to get that dispite his own team's loss.