View Single Post
Old May 9, 2013, 08:02 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

The passion, the hunger, the courage he had when he was the captain has gone missing. You barely see him being serious on the field or while batting. On his days, he played responsibly and wanted to win it all by himself. Right now the atitutde seems like, "i am there to score an odd 30 and get a wicket or 2" that makes me an allrounder after all. Injury has nothing to do with the attitude and approach towards the game. I never saw him struggling fitness wise. But it seems like he is not taking it seriously. Simple as that.

Yes the days are gone when only Shakib would win us the game. We have new players coming in and contributing well. But Shakib needs to take the game seriously and play the role. If he is batting at no.4, he needs to bat like a no. 4 not a no.7. If he is a full time bowling allrounder, he needs to at least keep things tight if he cant get a wicket and not bowl like a part timer. Yes the surfaces in Zimbabwe had little assistance. But he is the one that bowled so well in places like England where the surface had nothing either.

I hope we get back part of our Shakib if not all for the Kiwi series.