View Single Post
Old December 21, 2007, 09:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

people may hate me for this, but i am officially declaring my faith :

i am a quran aloner! i denounce most of the ahadith!

i do not denounce mohammed was the messenger of GOD... but i feel that quran is the only source for practicing islam and finding GOD!

a bit too late but...

thank you Sohel NR for sharing free-minds.org with muslims here! the reason why i stopped going to that site/forum is because i am tired of people asking questions like:

how many times do we pray? and even after there is a good explanation people still ask the same questions after three/four months. some of their heated debates ends in a very simple pointless realization. i felt that i was wasting my time there, they are not giving me new information, just a reinterpretaition of what i already know. i didn't need that, i can just listen to thousand mullahs give fatwas except the difference is this time it is quran alone style. a different ramadhan and new laws just derived from the quran. there are some people there who are simply brilliant people, others let's just say go along with the crowd.

i stopped going to that site for being pressured by my family plus after i found bangla cricket i found that after Bangladesh beat India i have found a common interest to share with where i am from... an internet place full of Bangladeshis supporting our cricket team. that was my perfect chance to forget about my short career at free-minds.

plus i have found out that good deeds never go to waste and faith in Allah alone is probably my safest bet in this life.