View Single Post
Old February 17, 2012, 05:11 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang
I have something to share about this fact. I was very much fond of these so called soft drinks (which are actually really hard in fact) in my early ages. But i googled about it and also came through some references and people who almost stunned me with the facts. I still drink it sometimes but just when i only need to be a social.
I can give the reference of this book by mark pendergrast "for god country and cocacola: the definitive history of the great american soft drinks and the company that makes it" . If you read the author biography then you can see that he has done research on coca-cola for a long period of time and in this book he unleashed the formula of soft drinks which was kept secret for years. According to him the constituents of soft drinks contain alcohol, but its quantity is small and you won't fall drunk if you have a liter or two.
But i have different issues to handle.. Coke also contains caffeine and other chemicals that are bad for health. According to Islamic law anything you eat that gets you out of your mind should be avoided. Let it be alcohol(which is most common) or anything else. Now if you drink such a small pint of it during having coke it won't quite naturally leave you drunk. But you also need to consider if the constituent of alcohol is itself halal or not. If you are a true muslim you should avoid confusion.
I would also like to share another thing which actually almost made me separated from coke for a long period of time. If you google out you can find in 2004 in andrapradesh and in some other places in India the farmers reported that they sprayed coke as pesticides in their crops and it yielded better results than other organic pesticides.- so used as an effective insect killer.
However one interesting fact about coke is you can show magic with it. at first you show your friend your white glowing teeth then you have a mouth full of coke and keep it for half an hour you teeth will turn yellowish.
Another fact is we all think that coke is one of the better in fact best thing to have it after heavy meal for good digestion. Our body temp. is generally 37 deg C. and it is infact naturally good for digestion. When we serve coke its temp is normally 4-5 deg C with ice toppings. So it decreases the temp of stomach which is not great for digestion. Often people drink soft drinks to quench the thirst. However, this is probably the worst time to drink soda, because when you are very thirsty or dehydrated you have low levels of saliva. And saliva helps to neutralize acids which are missing
In short besides above reason i would like to figure out some points why we shouldn't have soft drinks-
*Because We don't want to get fat
*We don't want vulnerable bones
*We don't want diabetes
*Because we don't think kidney dialysis is a good thing
*We don't want to be a cancer patient
*We don't want to get physically weak in early ages.

You can google about all the points and get details. However as i have already done some sort of research i can help if required to discuss details in any further points.
Actually i am not against having soft drinks but we should not make it into habit. As it contains caffeine you are most likely to fall in its trap. A slow but continuous process can surely hurt you before you realize it. Just take it as a reminder
Rather than the religious justification, I am in agreement with these points. People should try to switch to fruit juices and ordinary semi-/skimmed milk I'm trying to, but it's difficult