View Single Post
Old January 21, 2010, 01:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i'm also worried about raqib in tests, he is limited which means his role is going to have to be the anchor role and to move the run rate along through singles and 2s without taking much risk. if he's going to get a few more test matches i'd like to see him at the #3 spot because i really don't want to see SN in the test side atm and ash really isn't performing so shouldn't be there either. imrul is in a similar boat but the thing is we don't really have any other opening options unless we go back to the ones who have already been tried and failed not so long ago.

in terms of spinners i don't think we ahve much variation, the next best are shuvo and saqlain sajib, when it comes to leg spinners it's really the u19 guys or raihanuddin arafat who has unimpressive stats or alok kapail (unless you go for a marshall ayub but he's basically a bastman).

also what about sajidul islam as a possible pacer? maybe not for this test series because coming back from injury he might be under done but after he's played a few FC matches he might be worth selection. also talha has been getting great figures, maybe he's worth thinking about.

Last edited by Gowza; January 21, 2010 at 01:41 AM..