View Single Post
Old March 19, 2011, 04:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abherath
I tend to agree with people who say here that it is not fair to blame the coaching staff for the unfortunate debacle most Bangladeshi fans are ruing now. This is a case of barking up the wrong tree. Sacking the coach will not get Bangladeshi cricket anywhere.

You have to examine why the team performs so well on a given day and then capitulates into an ignominious defeat soon after.

The talent is definitely there. Then there are also some players who have moved from being brilliant to nothing. (Case in point: I feel sad when I see Ash on TV. Though he is an utter failure now, he did have his days. I will not forget his brilliance against big teams like Australia and Sri Lanka. I think his talent has gone hiding deep inside him.)

It is the same same team that beat England - in no flash in the pan - but folded up meekly against the Windies before that and South Africa after that. On days when the Tigers perform, they look really good, like any other major team.

My humble opinion is that there are problems on the psychological front which need to be handled by counsellors. I remember the Sri Lankan team going through a very bad patch a few years after they had even won the World Cup and how psychological intervention helped them come out of the hole they were in and perform again.

A last word: Please give the Tigers some breathing space. Feel for them. They must be more disappointed than anyone else with the bad loss to South Africa which closed the CWC 2011 door on them. They play the game with great pride and seem to wear their "greens" with national pride. Stand up for them.

After all the CWC is not the be all and end all of cricket. Mark my words. There will be some good performances against the Australians soon.

GO TIGERS ! The whole of South Asia supports you !

I had been saying this all along. I even asked Ian Pont about it.