Thread: Five Musketeers
View Single Post
Old January 20, 2009, 07:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Actually it should've been done already. What I mean by that is a captain do usually talk to his vice-captain and other senior players before making an important decision or the toss. Making him do that now show he clearly hasn't done that all this time. At the same time, it brings more responsibility on the other senior players while Ash gets to make the final call. Some of the things are so obvious I am surprised BCB has to tell him and the team management hasn't implemented them over the years. One of the main stretergy a coach should discuss with the captain is what to do after the toss. Either they don't have a good relationship, or Siddons just overestimated Ash's ability or maybe Ash just don't listen. Whatever the case was, it wasn't healthy. I hope it gets better.
this is a good post, it does make ash look bad that it's been announced like this but it's something that should have been happening ever since he had the captaincy, being that it was announced like this suggests it wasn't happening which tbh is poor captaincy in itself.