View Single Post
Old April 9, 2007, 07:05 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
This is far by the best Bangladeshi team ever to have played cricket.
I don't think so. Compared to the number of ODIs played and the assistance that the current team is getting both in terms of money and assistance from coaching, this team is not the best Bangladeshi team, yet.

For example, I have not seen this very young team to throw and getting opposition batsman run out consistently. A few of our players miss lots of opportunities in the field.

In my mind, the World Cup 1999 team is the best Bangladeshi team, considering most of them (the senior players) were above 30 at the time, they had a great player (but not a great-enough coach) at their disposal. They were experienced in terms of playing cricket at the ICC level, but the current team is much more experienced in terms of playing cricket at the International level.

I would say our current team to be the best Bangladeshi team if we can manage to go to the Semifinal, beating ENG, Ireland and WI.

However, that doesn't mean that I am underestimating our own team in any regard. So far, they have done their best. Remember, Tamim, Saquib, Mushfique have very little experience in terms of playing cricket at the Limited Overs matches - both in number of International and domestic matches. Ashraful, Aftab, Mashrafee may have vast experience in ODIs, but they, too, have very limited experience in domestic cricket.