View Single Post
Old June 7, 2010, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

I'd like to put forward an alternative perspective. The players, in particular one or two batsmen and a few bowlers have demonstrated their ability in patches. Bangladesh cricket needs 3 ot 4 day matches to be played at domestic level. Even at the age of 20 the technical side of the game is well developed and only slight adjustments could be made to improve players. What Bangladesh needs is a coach who speaks Bengali and could communicate with the players on equal terms. Communication is the key because the next level of performance is in the mindset. With regular first class cricket over two seasons and a coach from Bangladesh itself or perhaps the West Bengal, I feel that the country could aspire to be at the level of New Zealand within the next 3 years. Give it another two and the talented youngsters would be capable to challenging the likes of Pakistan and SriLanka regularly.

Please note my background as the above might well have something to do with a less than neutral perspective - I support England passionately in all forms of cricket as that is the team I grew up with. I follow Bangladesh at test level when they play. In the recent series and in the 2005 Lords Test (the latter I attended) I was neutral and applauded good performance from both sides.

The present side is not bad. There are many a player there who could improve with more experience through the longer version of the game.