View Single Post
Old January 10, 2014, 09:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Very true, but the govt/police were supposedly not allowing any demonstrations by the opposition

Yes you are right. But it happned before, it happned althrough the 3rd world country before including bangladesh. In Bangladesh we overcame this before, including end of Ershad Era.

Public was In BNP's side in this very particular issue, i.e. free and fair election under neutral govenrment. So what BNP leadership did with that? Their issue was proper, but they completely messed up mobilizing it. Why killing innocent people in the name of hartal when public is already in their side? Why not motivate the real public to particiate in the street demontration and let the AL govement deal with that.

What kind of plan it is by BNP leadership let JAMAT goons do the killing and burning innocent people who are already in their side in this issue? I don't buy those excuses. This is comeplete missed opportunity and wrong strategy by BNP leadership.

I will give another example: We all know Khaleda Zia was/is house arrested whether GOV officially acknowledge it or not. She was not allowed to join the pre-annouced "march for demecracy", she came out of her house and was prevented to go further. This is a perfect opportunity that a leader can expect to shine and take full advantage of it and make sure Gov pay the premium price for her unjustified house arrest. What she did in her press breifing? How you grade her performance? Did she took full advantage of the opportunity or she made herslef a laughing stock?

Arrest for a cause is a badge-of-honor for political leaders, it enhance their resume. Arrest-er bhoye judi leader ra lukiye thake, what kind of leaders are they? If they are afraid of arrest, why public will come to street supporting their cause?

As I said before, I comepletely supported BNP's cause (fair election, in fair environment), but to tell the truth, I am completely disapointed by their plan of action and their lack of leadership.