View Single Post
Old March 13, 2006, 02:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

I will put up a website on Dhaka's eateries .... I love eating out and this will be a great pleasure for me. Gimme a month or so to prepare for this. Will let you know in time.

Sheraton/Shonargaon: Waste of Money .... you can have better food in the resturants mentioned in this thread for less than half the cost .... even when uncle sam is paying the bill .. i dont like wasting money.

Dhanshiri: Is this a Bangla Food Resturant at all?? Thier Bangla Food Quality and Items offered is worse than the average "Morer Hotels" in BD. Once upon a time thier Indian Cuisine was pretty good but those days are over ... I was a regular in Dhanshiri, Dhanmandi and Gulshan ... but it has been about a year or so I have stopped going there.

Samarkhand: Yes the name suggests it is Kazakh, but the food they offer is actualy Indian :P

Wentern Food: Spitfire & Flambe are good places as suggested by ammark. So is Speghati Jazz ... man they make the best steak in Dhaka. Although I felt that visiting Dhaka after so many years, you would prefer to stick to Dhaka food rather than those ... anyway .. its ur all.

Bangla Food: Once again, you should not miss out on "Mondira" they offer Lunch Buffet with 5/6 types of Bhorta, Deshi style fish, Bhaji and the best tea you will find in Dhaka ...... and the food quality of "Boishakhi" is worth a trip to Science Lab even if it may cause you 30-45 mins delay in JAM .... I always take my foriegn guests to Boishakhi for Authentic Bangla Food ... Bhorta, Bhaji, Chingrir Malai, Do-peyaja, Muri Ghonto etc .....