View Single Post
Old October 9, 2008, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundit
What will change for the New Zealanders, besides there players?

Was it 1st game jitters/aclamitization that undid them yesterday? I mean, if BD plays exactly as well in the second game, how likely are they to win, still?

Your expert thoughts.
Well they are experienced folks, so they will definitely be harder to beat on Saturday. I think the result of the first game had quite a lot to do with the fact that they hadn't had much of a chance to acclimatize, with JS and the umpires denying them any sort of practice the other day and the management and players deciding that they'd had enough of the traffic situation and going back to the hotel midway to the practice ground the next day. The good news is that none of the top/middle order batsmen has had an opportunity to spend a good amount of time in the crease in the first ODI either.

The toss too is a vital factor. If the conditions on Saturday are anything like those yesterday (moist in the morning, dry in the afternoon), our batsmen will have a fun time facing Southee and co. given that we lose the toss and are put into bat first.