View Single Post
Old October 24, 2017, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
If you ask me, the competency of papon as successful administrator is not the question. he has a MBA from reputable institute IBA. Also he is running Beximco Pharmaceutical for a long time as MD/CIO. Multiple people who worked under him, really praised about his leadership. he is relatively approachable.

Over the years under his leadership actually BCB is in good shape financially. The problem we see in BCB is not necessarily him, but other executives. BCB is full of incompetent people. Personally he is financially secured as he is still MD/CIO of beximco Pharmaceutical and his wife is also very high official in Beximco.

No doubt he will play hard nose politics to secure his power. Lets just hope his personal interest from BCB (what ever it is) and our National cricket interest doesn't collide.

But don't think its an easy job running BCB with full of self serving and incompetent people. And I dont think "someone who had genuine interest of improving Bangladesh Cricket" is enough to run a organization like BCB... you also need competent, screwed and powerful ( backing from the government) to run BCB in right direction.

btw Papon may not running the way we want him to run BCB, I have no doubt in my mind that he is a well wisher of Bangladesh cricket i.e. loves cricket.
Agree with most. But a strong leader makes a big difference.
Papon is like any other politician, keeps all sides happy.. those who back him.

He knows there are lot of directors that are incompetent. But he keeps them.
Why? to keep them from supporting him? where is the national interest here?