View Single Post
Old October 29, 2010, 03:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

The reason I believe the Awami League top command and the hon. prime minister might have been a bit unhappy and cold with Shaber Hussain Chowdhury sir is that during the couple years of Army backed Care-taker Government's reign, Shaber Hussain Chowdhury along a few other leaders of AL spoke of changes and reform in the party which the other leaders did not see as being very loyal. Now this is my assumption and words on the street.

We all have responsibility for our cricket and the Tigers. What I think we must do is approach the hon. PM Sheikh Hasina and try to convey this message to her stating how great it will be to have Shaber sir back as the BD cricket czar and that this man, Shaber Hussain sir is still the same man who is driven by the ideology, concepts and inspirations of our Bongobondhu. And I think we should do it, in a very polite and humble manner and I am hopeful that PM will listen.

I also think Lotus Kamal sir is in many ways underapprecited and misunderstood in the BD cricket world. But he is a gifted and dedicated leader no doubt. I think he should be given the BD Football-soccer BaFuFe Chief/czar job and I think he will be able to help prosper the Football tradition in Bangladesh very well.