Thread: Who's Worse?
View Single Post
Old November 30, 2012, 03:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
We do not have the luxury of such blatant and costly errors being the team we are. Just following a script regardless of the match situation is moronic, unacceptable and damaging.

Secondly, Tamim has played over 100 ODIs and as a top order batsman, knows what to do when it comes to reading another batsman's comfort level and apply pressure accordingly. Being naturally aggressive, I don't see him holding back or taking his foot off the gas when we have the upper hand.
Mushy has been somewhat innovative and doesn't always follows the script. He decided to open with Gazi in the 1st test. That was very much out of the script and after initial boundaries, he kept on with Gazi and ultimately got Gayle's wicket. In ODIs now, he lets Mash bowl 7 overs straight and then brings him again in the middle overs. Traditionally, pacers don't bowl more than 5-6 overs in the opening spell. In T20s, he constantly changes bowlers and doesn't let any 2 over spells. In Tests, he promoted Nasir above Riyad and yesterday too Nasir came in at 4 (while before he used to come at 6-8) because situation demanded it. Nasir is in good form and has a cool head.

Now we can argue that these changes has mixed results. But I don't think he is very boxed and follows scripts word by word. Lately he is making some big calls. I will still prefer him over Tamim.