Old April 4, 2018, 07:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
I'm gonna g to say:

Marshall
McGrath
Holding

Marshall I believe is the best of all time, McGrath was exceptional in a mainly batsman's world and Holding I think is just very underrated (he averaged 23 at home and away from home, he averaged under 25 everywhere except for NZ don't know why his record is so poor there).

Honourable mentions: Lillee, lindwall, Hadlee, Steyn, Imran, ambrose, garner. Donald, Walsh, Miller, Wasim.

Rabada is terrific though, he's one of my favourites ever but don't think it's fair to pick him due to not having played enough yet (Procter was awesome but he barely played).

Garner is a good pick, he actually did average 25 or under everywhere he played though it didn't include India, actually Joel averaged las than 20 in 3 countries.

The top fast bowlers are so close together it's very hard to pick just 3, it would depend heavily on conditions and the criteria given (is it for one match or for a series? Or for an entire season? Do they play in Asia, or Australia or Africa or all of these places?.
The thing with holding is, he played with that deadly pace attack that meant he was fresh all the way through, great too watch, but made it easier for all of them.