View Single Post
Old January 3, 2007, 05:44 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Make sure Hablu bhai'rey pochaben next article'a. Be it domestic or international. Shey na parey fielding, na parey bowling, na parey batting (Hook-pull), na parey running between the wickets, na parey captaining a team. Luckily in-team bickering'er jonno he got the chance and now enjoying the winningest captain of BD.
Tigers_eye bhai, apnar chokhe mone hoi ektu chani pora shuru hochche, temon kichuna boyesh hochcho to tai

Amader Hablu miyar record dekhen. Sob win to tar captaincy tei. Captaincy change korle aabar sei purono juge jete hobe.Aar se batting, fielding sobkichutei choukosh (see records for 2006)

On a serious note, I think Habibul Bashar is the only player to guide the team right at the moment. Its way too early for SN to captain BD side which wobbles more than often. We need a performing senior player to lead the team. Habibul Bashar and Rafiq are the only player of that kind. I think its easy to select captin between them.

About fielding check the following stats.

Long term

Highest dismissal by a Bangladeshi player (non - wicketkeeper) in Tests and ODI

Habibul Bashar 39 (Test 19 + ODI 20)
Aftab Ahmed 37 (Test 3 + ODI 34)
Mohammad Rafiq 28 (Test 6 + ODI 22)
Mohammad Ashraful 24 (Test 10 + ODI 14)
------------------------------------------------

Short term

Highest dismissal by a Bangladeshi player in ODI (For 2006 calender year)

Mohammad Ashraful 9
Habibul Bashar 8
Aftab Ahmed 8
--------------------
--------------------
-------------------
Shahriar Nafees 3

BTW, Habibul Bashar averages 40.25 in tests in 2006 and 30.73 in ODIs.

In 2006 SN played more ODI than Habibul Bashar and both of them are slip fielder.

I am also a crictic of Habibul's captaincy.

Now, its very easy to criticise our beloved Hablu Mia, but he is the best ever we got as a Captain. He is a bit cautious and that's because of our previous success record in International Match. Now a days, he is making more positive decisions in Captaincy. In my honest opinion, Habibul Bashar should be retained as Captain until he retires fro International cricket.