View Single Post
Old March 27, 2003, 05:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default LONGER VERSION MATCHES

First of all, thank you Zakir, for writing your original article. It was wonderful. We will expect more from you as we now know you have the knowledge of our rich history and culture.

Your proposal was excellent. Even now, we ask other Bangladeshis - "Where are you from"? Meaning - "which greater district are you from?" This can be the basis of a real touranament. I also agree with longer version matches, as we have to get ready for test matches. We need players with stamina combined patience in addition to skills and technique.

WE HAVE TO START PLAYING TEST MATCHES. Otherwise we will lose to other countries, as games will be over in 2 or 3 days. We have to make a start right now in the way you proposed.

I believe if these matches are held in one of the district headquarters, for example if a match between Noakhali and Sylhet is being played, the match should be scheduled in either Noakhali or Sylhet. I guess these matches will also attract a lot of spectators (if not too many), as people in the district headquarters don't have chance to see many big matches. Although one day matches would attract more spectators, I would rather prefer the longer version matches. As a matter of fact, a one day match can also follow a 4 day match!!!

Thanks again.