View Single Post
Old February 24, 2013, 04:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
BCL : (Up untill final)
Marshall : 465 runs @ 77.50 with 2 centuries in 4 innings, Highest 289. #1st.
Jahurul : 200 runs @ 50.00, with 1 half century, Highest 79. #15th.

NCL :
Marshall : 604 runs @ 67.11, with 2 centuries, 2 half centuries, Highest 206, #1st
Jahurul : 353 runs @ 50.42, with 1 century, 2 half centuries, Highest 118, #16th

Decent season being 15th and 16th in the list of run scorer and gets picked, while ignoring the top scorer of both FC tournament this year ?

If Jahurul has done well in the past few season, he got rewarded for that. Spot in the national team along with a central contract. That doesn't mean you have to rewarded once again despite someone else rightly deserving the chance to prove their worth in the national side after performing better than anyone else in the domestic circuit.

And back up keeper ? We have Anamul as the 2nd back up, didn't think we needed a 3rd one as well !
Ya agreed Marshall did do better this year but my point was that Jahurul has always been a top 10-15 batsman in domestics. Jahurul also hasn't gotten enough chances to prove himself yet despite doing reasonably well in his chances. We can't just discard him just yet. Give him a bit of time before just getting rid of him.

I want Marshall to be tried in the A team first before he's in the national team. The standard of our domestic system is far different than the international level.

Finally since I don't live there, so haven't seen much of him. Since you live there, did you watch him bat up close? Have you judged whether his technique is international standard? Or are you judging by pure statistics? Can't make that mistake again bro. We saw what happened with Nazim and Tushar. If you saw him up close and think he's a special player than it's a whole different story.