View Single Post
Old April 30, 2019, 09:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
ফেসবুকে নিজের (সাকিব উম্মে আল হাসান) পেজে আজ দুপুরে বেশ বড় এক স্ট্যাটাস দিয়েছেন শিশির। সেখানে লিখেছেন, ‘সাংবাদিকদের নিয়ে আমার বলার কিছু নেই, কেন তারা সাকিব আল হাসানকে এত ঘৃণা করে। আমার ধারণা আমাদেরই দোষ। আমরা তাদের ডিনার বা লাঞ্চে দাওয়াত দিইনি, কিংবা তাদের সঙ্গে ঘণ্টার পর কথা বলে তোষামোদ করিনি কিংবা তাদের দলের ভেতরের খবর দিইনি। সাকিব জীবনের এ পর্যায়ে এসেছে কঠোর পরিশ্রম করে। ছোটবেলা থেকে সে বিকেএসপিতে পরিশ্রম করেছে, শুধু ক্রিকেটে মনোযোগ দিয়েছে। সে অভিনয় শেখেনি কিংবা মানুষের সহানুভূতি নিয়ে খেলা করাও শেখেনি। এখন মনে হচ্ছে সেটা শিখলেই ভালো করত। হয়তো এ কারণেই সে খুব একটা ইতিবাচক মানুষ না। যাই হোক সে নিজের ভালো কাজগুলো ফুলিয়ে ফাঁপিয়ে দেখিয়ে মানুষকে খুশি করতে চায় না এবং মানুষের আগ্রহের কেন্দ্রে থাকতে চায় না।’
Ms. Shakib needs to grow a thick skin like her husband.

People hate Shakib - big deal? Should not be. You people are having great business in BD, a great future in USA, and you guys are travelling around the world since Shakib is a great player.

So what if Shakib does not get the love of people? God has given you ample blessings - count what you have been given and be grateful and do not sulk over one particular blessing He has deprived you of.

And you know what? A saint once complained to God that people hated him and asked God to decree that everyone loved him. God said: "You are asking me to decree something that even I have not decreed for myself!" That is true. God is not universally loved. Some love him. Some hate him.

Fans and journalists do not know Shakib personally. We see him from distance. I am sure Shakib is a great man, but you know what? He is simply unable to exude warmth like Mashrafe does. May be naturally he comes across as somewhat aloof. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it - but it is possible that such predisposition is a reason why he is not as popular and as loved and admired like Mashrafe.

Anyway, be happy and be grateful. Don't destroy your time and happiness thinking over who love and hate you.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.