View Single Post
Old December 8, 2012, 09:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Nasir, Riyad, Mushy are all pretty much walking wickets at number 3 really early on in the innings when the new ball is moving around a bit. Maybe in home/sub continent condition they might get away with it from time to time, but come WC 2015 in Australia they will walk in to bat and get out in matter of minutes.

Imrul is also a pretty much walking wicket at the top a lot of the time, but despite all this issues I still think we are better off pursuing with him as Tamim's opener and pushing Bijoy down to number 3. I think I read in one interview this is the position bijoy prefers to bat at anyway. Shakib should bat at number 4. I think batting Tamim and Shakib one after another is a recipe for disaster. It might work in T20, but in ODI when a lot of the time we are 1 down within 2/3 overs I don't really want to see Tamim and Shakib both going after the bowling and getting themselves out and leaving the rest of our already fragile top order to play catch up for the rest of the game.

Riyad should to bat at number 5, whether he likes it or not. He is a much more capable and responsible batsman than he was before, and we'll get so much more out of him if he is able to bat with Shakib.