View Single Post
Old February 12, 2009, 03:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
TE, By then you will lose the ability of playing T20. Another decade + struggle to get things moving & net loss in between the money & easy way of getting some self belief as Rabz speaks etc etc. Many of the best players in Test cricket like RD, are simply not a T20 material. But the players who have continued playing all form from early stage they don't find it difficult to adjust in all form of cricket.
Self belief, lol. 4 years have passed Bd team had the self-belief of beating big boys in ODIs. That didn't do us any good in Test. All loses barring weather. Mostly by innings. Oi self belief'er dorkar nai. T20 thekey only self belief they will get is we may be able to win 1 out of 3 in this format, but 0 out 30 in test.

1) First of all, T20 "jodi laigga jai" cheap thrill method will not be lost from BD cricket as long as there is AAA and other players as such. And by chance if we lose the ability to play T20, that doesn't hurt BCB's FTP, or their earnings at all. BD Cricket is safe.

2) However, by any chance, if we lose Test status, that is it buddy. That is the end of Banglacricket.com also. If we don't start performing in Test soon we will lose our status. Top eight BOARDS will agree to that before they agree on two tier system. (Say, I am wrong!! Please)

Risk mgmt that is all you need to do. The threats are enormous and real. You put your resources to fight of the fire which may destroy your existence. They you focus on other issues. Test, ODIs and then T20. If Ireland wins the T20 WorldCup they will not be given test status next day. Simple fact.
Quote:
The best I can see, to accomodate your concern is that, to have a completely seperate T20 & Test Team, while in ODI team there can be players from both fraternity, as ODIs needs both kind of players depending on the match conditions.
This may be a temporary solution but then the test players salary must be very high to keep them grounded. I would still prefer a overall ban on this format only for BD and Zim.
Quote:
Banning a form of cricket completely, will do more harm than benefit. If BD wasn't given the chance to play testc cricket, could we play such competitive tests, that we played against SL/NZ/SA in recent times? Same will happen with T20 if we leave it altogether. Most importantly, The Board & the current generation of players will miss the opportunity of earning the money which is much needed for the development of the cricketers & cricket.
The ban should be temporary. Very essential to make BD players/fans understand which format is more important and why. T20 teaches the very opposite that is necessary for Test which is Patience, perseverance, diligence. T20 teaches you to go after bowlers doesn't matter where your foot is (technique). Run pailai hoilo. This is a direct conflict with the core values of test.
Quote:
SO I think we should play all formats with equal importance. every format has it's positives and negatives. Though I personally don't think there is any negative in any of the formats. ODI has made positive contributions in test cricket & cricket as a whole, why not T20? That's what I feel.
You guys are looking at T20 from Australia, India, SA, Eng all the established nations point of view. We are not those country. Unless we learn how to be patient while batting we will not get close to them. Again I have no problem what the world does with T20. Or even invent T10, F5. My concern is Bangladesh, part of Zimbabwe also cause we are in the same boat.

Getting few wins in T20, does not do us any good to be recognised as cricketing power. We do not have the luxury of services of players like De Silva, Ranatunga. We have make our own De Silva and Ranatunga's. Emphasizing T20 will only slow down the process.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; February 12, 2009 at 03:25 PM..