View Single Post
Old May 1, 2011, 02:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
depending on her budget she can look around downtown toronto. I would NOT recommend looking at the massey sq area. That place is nasty. i dumb's link is good. You can try do a google search with condo's for rent in toronto and follow the links. There are quite a few nice condos in downtown toronto area but 2 bedroom condo's here would be anywhere from 2100 and up. There are a few nice ones in the etobicoke area built by tridel near the kipling subway. Those would be slightly less expensive around 1700 maybe. Massey would be cheapest option but you get what you pay for in the end. Try Viewit.ca to try and look for condos as well.
I don't know why you would think its nasty? Sure it isn't as nice as it was 10 years ago, but it is not horrible. It has all the facilities (free gym), is in a decent location, near the subway. Downtown can be just as dirty....

I would not suggest downtown just because of the expense. I do second the kipling area apartments. Very nice, and close to subway. I believe Finch station also has subways nearby.

Another link to try is mls.ca, which has a lot of realtor listings. We used it when researching houses, but I think they have rental listings as well.