View Single Post
Old January 23, 2010, 09:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
all players must stand up for Shakib and give him supports
Please do not get me wrong. I do not find the picture to be very pleasing. However, I find the reaction to be equally concerning.
i am sorry but just because Shakib is the best player at this time, does not preclude the fact that the team played wrecklessly on a 4th and 5th day of placid wicket. Including Shakib himself on both innings. That is unacceptable. BCB president remark may be unacceptable. Shakib's reaction is unacceptable also. You should have let the coach handle it. This is really pathetic drama to say the least. We need to have some form of following due process. Which we do not do. As a nation. The paradox lies here. How we are reacting is not good for us as a nation.

As a nation we react. We contain India for first innings and started our typical "Big mouth" reactions. Then what happened? We could not hold on to the momentum. This is why it is called "test". Every session a team is tested. You win session ny session.

Finally, with respect to the news, it had the reaction of two players. As followers of Bangladeshi cricket we need to take that reaction with a grain of salt. Why? For me, we are getting reaction from two disgruntled explayers and employee from BCB. One is Pilot the other is Durjoy for this particular piece of the news.

Again we need to be a little more critical thinker. Let's wait until how the boys do in the 2nd test and minimize the distractions.