View Single Post
Old February 28, 2009, 07:06 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

This is a conspiracy theory thread. Here are few of mines and I could not answer few questions.

- After looking at the atrocities committed to the army officers, I am wondering how Sahara, Nanak, Azam etc.. went inside the BDR headquarter to stage a mock camera arms surrender on Wednesday night and came out unhurt. The Jawans could have easily taken them as hostage and pressed for more demands (passing imdemnity ordinance in JS is one of them). The mutineers officially surrendered arms on Thursday evening.

- Who gave them the assurance that they will be safe unless they personally knew the perpetrators and was sure that nothing will happen to them. Keep in mind, they had only few police protection who could be easily disarmed and also taken as hostage. These jawans have cut their officers into pieces, burnt them and mutilated with bayonets. There are speculations that they took out few unnamed person in ambulances that went inside with them.

- Why Sahara and co staged the camera arms surrender? According to TV footage only 6-7 arms were surrendered and they came out after that. The killer group had their arms and continued the brutality on family members and army officers throughout Wednesday night before fleeing. They staged camera surrender and asked no questions about the army officers!!! No information on the fate of them was availble on that night.

- Why government gave them Wednesday night to continue the atrocity? In the darkness of the night, they have killed officers, buried them and then fled. About 6000 jawans were present, after arms surrender on Thursday afternoon, police could only found 300+ jawans. These numbers does not add up.

According to Prothom Alo report Nanak took 14 jawans in his car to Prime ministers office without any security check. This is outrageous situation, people who showed such brutality could have easily killed the PM. PM and Nanak were sure nothing will happen and they negotiated. This is extraordinary considering the amount of security checks usually a terrorist will face before facing a head of government.

Why general amnesty was declared without any condition? The condition came one day after in the TV address of PM where she said “Lay arms or we will take serious actions”. Why this threat was absent before?

As a whole the government lengthy negotiation was time consuming and completely futile as they
- could not prevent the death of army officers
- could not capture the perpetrators

So far, the army showed great discipline, but the government completely failed to save them.

I am not pointing fingers to the government, but the level of their failure is very high.

Last edited by Miraz; February 28, 2009 at 07:22 PM..