View Single Post
Old March 13, 2013, 12:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Because although his inclusion wasn't justified, he capitalized well on the chance he got. Doesn't make years of tailender like batting go away. And if he could change that at least now, I'm sure he'd earn most people's respect. That's how it usually works.
His inclusion wasn't justified, but we usually have 2-3 players in the XI who aren't. The replacement for Ashraful would have most likely been Raqibul. I think Marshall was called up before Ash, and if not then he should have been the most likely replacement. Other names that come are Mehrab Jr. Ash was selected on the same basis he always his, his potential to score big. So far, it seems that he's added a little common sense to that potential.

This is of course a controversial debate no different than big government v small government or welfare capitalism v US-style capitalism. In the end its a philosophical issue as to determine which is better, a team packed with consistent hard workers, or one with consistent hard workers and one or two Eidie players. I always choose to opt for the latter in most circumstances.

#OneTeam1Dream