View Single Post
Old April 4, 2013, 07:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

After seeing what Minnesota got for Pomminville, it's totally understandle why Holland/Nonis stayed pat. This was a sellers market on deadline day. When Martin freaking Erat gets a prospect like Forsberg in return, you know young teams on the rise, or teams in transition will not get what they want at a reasonable price range.

Detroit will probably just sit tight and let their young players all come up and make an impact before doing something significant - similar to what the Leafs have been doing post Kessel trade. They'll make the playoffs really soon though, unlike us, due to their strong foundation already in place. We might see some offseason deals from Leafs and Detroit to address their blueline issues.

Darcy Regier's obscene asking price tacting seems to be working for the past couple years. He got Hodgson out of Kassian, a 1st out of Gaustad, 2nd out of Leopold, and a pot of gold out of Pomminville. He is the right guy, at the right time for Buffalo. Within the next 3-5 years, that franchise will be booming with talent if they play their cards right. The scariest part of this is the fact that he hasn't even dealt his two most prized players - Miller and Vanek. Miller already wants out, so he should be gone around the draft. Vanek, I'm not too sure. If he wants to stay, I think Regier might just hold on. Need some good players to play with young studs like Hodgson and Ennis.

I think the Gaborik deal was really good for all 3 sides involved. Gaborik checked out of NYR this year, and needed a change of scenery. When he's focused, he is one of the most dangerous players in the league. I think he'll get back to being ~30 g, 60 pt guy - giving them similar numbers as Nash. Cbus is a good young team who play exciting hockey. This move is sure to give them, and their fans a shot in the arms. This team is finally in good hands with John Davidson at the helm.

Game against Beamer bhai's favourite team tonight. We must maintain a perfect record against them!