View Single Post
Old August 24, 2012, 07:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Actually Miraz bhai, according to cricketacrhive.com, Anamul has played about 20 Academy matches compared to Nasir's 25 and some of the A team matches he played were when he was already in the national team. I also would like the same to happen with Anamul. He can play A team matches when national team tours aren't going on so he gets as exposed as possible. He shouldn't start out as the 1st choice starter but as a backup batsman and play if only and only if Ash and Junaid have a string of failures.

As for the people being concerned it's still too early, it's understandable but take a look at Ash and Aftab's U19 averages compared to Anamul. They both averaged in the teens whereas Anamul averaged almost a 36. Those 2 came in not because of production but just based on pure potential and also because the national team lacked quality players. Anamul has already been 1 of the top domestic batsmen in the country so we can clearly see that producing scores is not a problem for him plus he's got a lot of potential.

We have to understand this fact as well. Our top order besides Tamim is pretty poor. Notice how it's been harder for Mominul to get in despite scoring well in the A team. Why? Because our middle order is already set. Our top order is a different story. We lack consistency up there. Guys like Junaid, Imrul, Ash and Jahurul have already gotten chances and have proved for a very long time that they are nothing but fringe players. Of course I hope that these guys can eventually become 1st choice starters but it just hasn't happened. So I believe it's the right time to bring in a guy who can clearly challenge these guys.

Notice how I also don't want Asif in as well. Why? Because he's not ready yet. Ya he's been a good domestic batsman but he's been poor in the U19 circuit and as we can see, U19 stats do have merit. In my opinion, Anamul is a player that's ready for international cricket. Will it take him time? Of course and we can see with Nasir that he's far from the finished product but these 2 are guys are worth investing now and therefore he should be in the team.
great post, anamul has the stats backing him, he's also proven he can make big scores at all levels in all forms whether he's in good or bad form, he's made partnerships, he has the talent, he's been one of the top domestic batsmen for the last couple of years, as you've said he has quite a bit of A team experience. maybe he shouldn't be in the t20 squad, but definitely should be at elast in the squad for ODIs and tests, even if he doesn't start.