View Single Post
Old May 30, 2011, 12:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i don't think it should be a close Test...i.e we should aim to finish the game in at most 12 sessions, and lose no more than any 3 sessions in the game. 9-3 in other words which should equal a comprehensive win. here are the factors:

lack of Tests/FC experience:

BD has 14 month drought, so advantage is even.

batting strength:

Bangladesh has the more skillful and temperamentally sound batsman at pretty much every position, with the exceptions being Taylor (more talented than Imrul) and Taibu (more temperamentally sound than a few of our bats). That being said, Taylor, Taibu, and SC Williams can all score big ones. The others can be ignored. All in all the firepower of Tamim, Shakib, Mushy, and Riyad should be more than adequate.

Pace bowling:

Bangladesh has the advantage. Shahadat has experience, and I back him to rattle his most familiar opponents a fair bit. Shafiul is the most dangerous of the lot when he lands it in the right place. If Rubel continues his improvements, he will be a handful as well.

Spin Bowling:

Zimbabwe's strength (and ours too). Price and Cremer will likely start, and they will be very solid. I expect young Cremer to take a bit of a beating though in time, he will become a fine wrist spinner. Shakib has ran through every Test side he's played against, and he could do it here too. The backup will hopefully be either of Enamul Haque Jr or Shuvo. We'll have to wait to see how they do. This is the most even matchup. Will ZIM make a spin friendly track given their weak pace attack and open a door for us also remains to be seen.

Hence I think we should be able to push ZIM aside relatively easily IF we bring our A game.

#OneTeam1Dream