View Single Post
Old January 6, 2012, 09:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

^Agreed 100%. To be honest, I feel that the excuse of India not doing well in Tests because of the IPl is pretty lame. Tendulkar, Dravid, and Laxman are all established players already and the IPL is not affecting them. Also Australia has the BBL going on but have you seen them struggle? The reason their not doing well is because of age catching on to them and the young Indian batsmen not really ready for the rigors of Test cricket.

I believe its a great oppurtunity for our players to play with so many top quality players. Having some of our youngster sharing a locker room with some of the all stars will really give them motivation and a great chance to learn. I feel our players have always had the big probllem of being able to have senior leadership when they come in to the national team but now they could have that.

Also playing against some of these great players under the spotlight will help them grow. The problem with our boys is that they do great when there is no TV camera and fans to watch their performances in domestic wricket but once they get in the spotlight for the national team, they have a tough time handling the pressure and struggle. I believe the BPL will get the players to be mentally tougher.

I'm very excited for the BPL and really do believe it will help our cricket a lot.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)