View Single Post
Old May 1, 2011, 08:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Avoiding IPL, how on earth is this gonna effect us positively? I agree IPL is not the best form of cricket, and is far from it. But if we[read Shakib and probably Tamim] decided to not play in IPL, no one would care. IPL like any tournament is a great learning experience, and only by playing well in these tournaments will Bangladesh get global publicity.

I agree that Shakib is treated a bit harshly, but no team yet has got the combination right. If they do, they will see Shakib fits perfectly at no.6 with 4 overs each game. But I will also say, that the "Bangladeshi" tag is costing Shakib, Morgan with much worse performance has retained his spot despite not doing anything for over 6-7 months. Probably due to his English[Irish] tag. Same goes for Brett lee, Balaji in KKR has been bowling better than Lee, and again the Aussie tag helps him I believe.

Players like Shakib/Tamim/Razzak/Imrul will have to take the responsibility and make others believe that Bangladeshi players can deliver too.