View Single Post
Old April 11, 2007, 09:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Rafique's REALLY not captaincy material, from what I gather from people who have talked to him/know him personally. To be a captain, that too of a young side, you really need to be able to motivate your players with words and provide guidance off the field, something that Bashar does well. Rafique doesn't seem to have good communication/interpersonal skills, and from what i gather from countless interviews, while he may have great understanding of the game, he is not very good at translating that to words.

now there are many things that bashar does wrong, but he tops rafique in the captaincy race because of these reasons. i hope bashar regains his form with the bat - he might just be having a bad patch (before the WC, his odi record had shown traces of improvement in the last couple of years). besides, he seems to be setting good fields of late, e.g. the games against SA and ENG.

then again, if he doesn't come around with his batting and if his performance as captain reaches a new low in the near future, so much so that we're left with no choice but to appoint new leadership, then it has to be someone other than rafique.
i agree...well said.

#OneTeam1Dream